In the early days of our marriage, my husband and I, together with our cousins have had many food adventures. Savoury ice creams being one such adventure. Chilli, ginger.. the flavor possibilities seemed endless. At that time Savory ice cream felt like the 8th wonder of the world!
But now that I have come further in cooking from those days, and have had my own substantial share of food adventures, I thought why not surprise the husband and cousins with this hot n sweet ice cream, as a throwback to those memorable days..😎
That resulted in this no stress Banana Coffee Praline Ice cream With a Spicy Kick.
Banana: 1/2 kg
Instant coffee powder: 2 sachet
Sugar: 3 tbspn
Milk: quarter cup, frozen
Chilli powder: 2 tspn
Cashew and almond: crushed, a handful
Butter(unsalted): 1 small cube/1 tbspn(melted)
Sugar: 1 tbspn
- Heat a pan, melt the sugar until it turns golden brown.
- Add the crushed nuts. Stir well.
- Add the butter and stir again.
- Place on a greased plate/flat surface. Let it cool.
- Once set, scrape it from the plate/ flat surface and crush it.
The ice cream:
- Peel the bananas and cut them into chunks and place in the freezer until completely frozen.
- To make coffee, mix the 2 sachet of instant coffee powder in 1/4th cup of wam water.
- In a blender, add frozen banana, frozen milk, sugar, chilli powder and the coffee mix. Blend well.
- Pour the mix in a container and keep in freezer.
- Take it out after 2 hours, fold in pralines, then allow it to set and then top it again with pralines.
- The quantity of each ingredient can be halved to make a lesser quantity.
- Pepper powder can be used instead of chilli powder.
- Praline can be made with any nuts as desired.
- Some ice cream lovers tend to gulp it all in one go. But when it comes to this one, it is best savored slow… for that spicy kick to hit your palate. Enjoy!
Hope your loved ones enjoy eating this recipe as much as mine did. Do let me know in the comments below! 🙂