Happy Holi..Everyone..!Better late than never…!😋
Gujiya is a snack specially prepared during the Holi festival. Towards the north of India, it is known as gujiya whereas towards the South, it is called as Ada.
- All purpose flour: 1 cup
- Wheat flour: 1/4 cup
- Salt: 1 tspn
- Water as required
- Vegetable oil to deep fry
For the filling:
- Coconut: 1/2 cup, grated
- Ghee: 2 tspn
- Cashew nut: 4-5 broken
- Peanut butter: 1 tbspn
- Banana: 1 chopped
- In a bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Add water as required, and knead it with hand until it has a consistency of a roti or puri dough.
- Let it rest for a while(until the filling is prepared).
- Filling: In a pan, add ghee and roast the cashews.Add the rest of the ingredients for the filling and saute well.Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Make small balls of the dough. Spread it with hand or a rolling pin. Cut it with a round cookies cutter. Place one spoonful filling onto it and fold and press the edges.
- Make a design by pinching and twisting all along the sealed edges or use a dumpling mould.
- Similarly, repeat the same with the other balls.
- In a kadai, pour vegetable oil as required to deep fry the gujiyas.
- Once the oil is hot, fry them until it turns golden brown all over.
- Place it on a kitchen tissue paper.
- Serve it hot with chocolate syrup.
Usually, once deep fried, gujiya is dipped in sugar syrup and then served. (Why not a twist with chocolate syrup in gujiya..😋)