Last year, I had posted a simple and easy recipe for making double ka meetha with rusk.
This time, I have come up with a little twist to the usual shahi tukda.Since it is summer and there is plenty of mangos available everywhere, I thought why not to have the tangy flavor of mango in the dish.😉
- Mango: 2 peeled, pitted and chopped
- Curd: 1 cup
- Milk: 2 cup
- Milk powder: 4 tbspn
- Salt 2 pinch
- Rusk: 3
- In a sauce pan, pour the milk. Add milk powder. Also, add a pinch of salt.
- Let it boil on medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- Let it reduce to half.
- Meanwhile, pour the curd onto a muslin cloth and squeeze until the water is completely gone.
- Keep it aside.
- Blend the mango in a blender.
- In a bowl, hand whisk the hung curd and the blended mango.
- Sieve the reduced milk. Keep the milk aside.
- Add the residue obtained from the milk and a pinch of salt to the mango mix.
- Whisk the mix.(The residue will give the required sweetness to the mix.)
- Refrigerate the mango mix and milk until time to serve.
- When it is time to serve, dip the rusk in the refrigerated milk and place it on the serving dish.
- Pour 1 tbspn of milk over the rusk.
- Place the mango mix onto the rusk. Serve it.
- The milk powder could be replaced with sweetened condensed milk.( Oops..!! I have to add it to my grocery list😉).
- And in place of the residue from the milk, one can use 1 -2 tspn of sweetened condensed milk.
- One of my friends had told me that adding a pinch of salt to the desserts, makes them more delicious.It is true..!! One pinch of salt enhances the flavour of every ingredient.
- The mango-hung curd mix can also be used as a dip for bread sticks, rusk.😋
Enjoy this dish on a summer day…!😃