A mini pizza without a dough base no oven used. Eggplant or brinjal, is one of the few vegetables that my hubby doesn’t like..This saturday, my aim was to make him have brinjal without me having to force-feed him. And boy was I successful 😎 Not only did he eat what I served but asked for second helpings. He just loved it..and my mom too😀😀 Out of all the snacks I have prepared, this has become her favorite..😇
- Eggplant/brinjal: 1,sliced (0.5-1 cm thick)
- Pizza Sauce: 1/2 cup
- Cheese: 1 cup, grated
- Onion: 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Corriander leaves: 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Frozen corn: 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder: 1/2 tspn
- Butter: 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli flakes: 1-2 tspn
- On one side of the slice, make some criss-cross grooves with the edge of the knife.
- In a sauté pan, toast the sliced eggplant slices with 1 tspn of butter. Cover it with a lid.
- Flip over the slices after 5 minutes and let it cook for 2 more minutes with lid closed.(If there are more slices, it can be toasted in two trips)
- Meanwhile, marinate the corn with pepper powder.
- Place the toasted slices onto a plate. Let it cool.
- When the slices have reached room temperature, apply 1-2 tspn of pizza sauce on the side with the grooves.
- Onto it, spread grated cheese.
- The next layer would be onion and then the marinated corn.
- On top of it, sprinkle cheese and chopped corriander leaves.
- Apply butter in the hot sauté pan. Place the slices once again in the pan. Close it with the lid.
- Let it cook in medium flame until the cheese melts.
- Once the cheese has melted, sprinkle chilli flakes on them and serve hot.
- Any veggies can be used as topping.
- The grooves on the slices absorb the sauce.
- This dish can be cooked in oven too.. but as you know, oven and me doesn’t get along…😋
Enjoy the mini bite size pizza..😁