Wondering what this dish is..??It’s nothing but apple fritters.😁 The shape of the fritters reminded me of Professor Dumbledore’s half moon glasses..Thus the name..😉Apple fritters is a simple snack that anyone would love.
- Apple: 1, peeled, pitted and sliced thin.
- All purpose flour: 2 cups
- Rice flour: 1/2 cup(optional)
- Salt: a pinch
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Baking powder: 1/4 tspn
- Cardamom powder: 1/4 tspn
- Mix the rice flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, cardamom powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add water to the bowl, and mix well until it has the consistency of Pancake mix/ dosa batter.(Make sure the batter is not watery)
- Dip the apple slices in the batter.
- In a pan, heat the oil.
- When the oil is hot, place the batter dipped apple slices one by one into it.
- Cook for 2 minutes. And flip over the apple slices.
- Once both the side has turned golden brown, take it out and place it on a tissue paper.
- Pat the excess oil on them and serve hot.
- Rice flour is added as it gives crispiness to the fritter.
- If needed, one can replace cardamom powder with cinnamon powder or vannilla essence.