Like everyone in Bangalore we too are a lazy bunch and we too order our groceries online. My grocery list had a small piece of pumpkin, but to my surprise got a huge one. I am pretty sure they stole it from Hagrid’s pumpkin patch….This is what lead to this delicious pumpkin ice cream. Thanks to MasterChef, I had some idea what flavours would go along with pumpkin for a dessert.
- Fresh cream: 200ml packet
- Pumpkin puree: 2 cup canned/ home made
- Vanilla essence: 1 tbspn
- Cinnamon powder: 2 tspn(optional)
- Sweetened condensed milk: 400ml tin
- Coffee decoction: 3 tspn
For pumpkin puree:
- Pumpkin: quarter of a pumpkin
- Milk/water: a quarter cup
For Coffee Decoction:
- Instant coffee powder: 3 tspn
- Warm water: a quarter cup
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes and boil it in a cooker.
- Once cooled, grind it in a mixer with 2 tbspn of milk. Keep aside.
- Add warm water to 3 tspn of instant coffee powder in a bowl. Let it cool.
- Whip the fresh cream in a bowl until thick and smooth.
- To it, add rest of the ingredients along with pureed pumpkin and coffee decoction. Fold it gently until mixed well. Add the sweetened condensed milk according to the sweetness needed.
- Pour the mix into an airtight container.
- Keep it in freezer for 5-6 hours and serve.
- To make pumpkin puree, milk is added to get a smooth and vibrant puree. One can replace milk with water.
- While adding coffee decoction to the ice-cream mix, make sure that it doesn’t over power the pumpkin flavour.