On this weekend evening, I went through my pantry, there were very few ingredients. Luckily my breakfast was idli. The famous South Indian breakfast made of rice batter. 🙂 I couldn’t be more happier. I decided to prepare idli munchurian in desi style. A Chinese dish with an Indian touch. 😉
Time: 20 minutes
Idli- 7, cut into cubes
Onion- 1 sliced
Green chilli- 3 chopped
Garlic- 5 chopped
Coriander leaves- a handful
Dark Soy sauce- 3 tspn
Green chilli sauce- 1 tbspn
Hot red chilli sauce- 1 tbspn
Tomato sauce- 2 tspn
Low fat oil
Corn flour- 2 tbspn
Termeric powder- 1 tspn
Garam masala- 3 pinch
Chicken masala- 2 tspn
Black Pepper powder- 1 tspn
Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 tbspn
1. Mix all items given under marination. Marinate the idli cubes in it and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in the pan. Shallow fry the marinated idli cubes until it is crisp on all side. Let it cool.
3. Keep the left over marination mix.
4. In the same oil, add garlic, green chilli and onion and sauce until there is no raw smell.
5. Add all the suaces mentioned in the ingredients and saute.
6. Once it is well mixed, add the fried idli cubes and mix well.
7. Mix the left over marination mix add 2 tspn of water.
8. Add it to the the idli cube mix. Sauté well.
9. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.